RSS

Beijing! You are enchanting… by CHEN

Beijing! You are enchanting…


I had never thought of travelling to Beijing until that day came when my mother ask me to accompany her go to Beijing together. Times from now on, I like travelling a lot.

In the March, 2004, there was end of winter, the day anticipated had finally come. 5 hours of long haul flight was quite exciting because this was the first time I boarded Malaysia Airlines. I found that the view from the window was ever so flat, dry and looked like a desert with no sight of greenery! Our first day ends with dinner at Beijing. Talking about food, it makes me feel happy. Well, as Beijing is famous for its roast duck, so of course we had to try it!

After breakfast on the second day, we were started our trip. The first destination we went was the Tian’An Men Square and the Forbidden City. It was crowded with tourists. We were told that the Forbidden City, called ‘Gu Gong’ in Chinese, was the imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties. It is to the north of Tiananmen Square. Rectangular in shape, it is also the world's largest palace complex and covers 74 hectares and there are 9999 rooms at here! At the north end of the Tian’An Men Square is Tiananmen Tower. The most important use of it in the past was to declare in a big ceremony to the common people who became the emperor and who became the empress.




Yeah~~I'm the heroine~
The 3rd day trip, we arrived one of the seven great wonders of the world­- The Great Wall. We told by our tour guide that there are many entrances to the Great Wall. We just happen to visiting the Great Wall on Badaling. We were given 3 hours at here so I much started to explore the whole wall. Amazingly, we were able to finish the whole stretch within 3 hours! The experience was indescribable. It was such a long walk but thank God, finally we have reached the highest tower. Now, I only wonder how tough of my mom! haha~

Mom!how great of u^^
Ohh!!steeply n rugged..


Overall, I am happy with my first trip is to absorbing the art and culture of my ancestors except the crowd and the super dirty toilet. You can never imagine the state of the public toilet in Beijing. There are too many attractions that I haven’t explore yet, therefore I want to save money to my next destination.


















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Cathe said...

Nice trip. I would love to visit Beijing one day

Unknown said...

ya~u may have a look^^it was an awesome trip~~

Bavani Rajendran said...

Nice photos...beautiful place....it has 1 of the wonders....of the world...

Post a Comment