RSS

My 2012 Doraemon trip at Genting =) (by Sing Ying)



        
Guess who is it??
Last year end of January 2012 was my most excited moment throughout that whole year. This is because my favorite anime character “Doraemon” was coming to Genting
, it was held in Arena of Stars Genting last year in conjunction to celebrate its 100 years of history. I was so excited after I was informed the good news by my friend. I no need to wait till saving a lot of money fly to Japan to see it anymore.  Doraemon is the all time favorite cartoon in my childhood and even till now; I was absolutely super duper happy about this event.
         

      The entrance fee costs RM35 and runs from 10am-10pm. Although it was quite expensive, but in return, we get a LIMITED EDITION TOUCH AND GO with RM5 in it. Due to the lack of space in every room, visitors had to queue up to enter in groups. Luckly it was a weekday and we actually went there quite early, so we no need wasted our time queuing there. There were four phases - it starts off with a tour around and it consisted of few rooms (I can’t remember clearly how many rooms already…lol) 

                 
            From top –  Nobita and his parents at the dining room of his place; Doraemon time traveling in the wormhole; Suneo's (Sinyu)'s place with Shizuka, Nobita, himself, Gian and his mum painted in the background.

 We only had around 5 minutes in each room and of course the visiting time given for each room was too limited. We were only rushing taking photos without really enjoying it, resulting difficulties of getting a good photograph with the characters without having other people as background.


After the tour, we moved on to the Doraemon Town. Visitors are allowed to walk around and explore freely from second phase onwards. Thankfully we don't have to rushing with time again. There were many wonderful building figures and characters you can take picture with (this is what I’m happy about ^,^). Visitors could take pictures with the anime (actually it is made of cardboard) around, hug the figures of Doraemon, shop for some Doraemon accessories, top-up their Touch ’n Go card, and also purchase overpriced unauthentic red bean Doriyaki (a type of cake which is Doraemon favorite) cost RM 10 each one. It was too expensive for a medium cake like that, so I didn’t buy it.


There was some brief introduction on all of the characters in Doraemon.

 


            The next phase was the Doraemon Gallery, a museum where has all the equipments Doraemon has used and some extra. Due to it was very dim inside, so we did not take too many photos at there. I just snapped with the "Anywhere Door", a door that opens up to any places the user wishes. Ha, I do wish I can own such a door then I can travel to any place around the world just in a click of fingers. 

After leaving Doraemon Gallery, we stepped out to the Outdoor Carnival where you can enjoy your food and fun games prepared. It was a little outdoor funfair they called The Fun Factor, which consisted of game booths, foods and some stage activities. Nothing here was free and all payments must be made using our Touch ‘n Go card. The games were not cheap (RM5 for one play) and none of prizes were easy to win. Then on stage, there were mascot version of the Doraemon main characters performing a dance routine. My friend and I just watched the mascot dancing around on the stage. We did not take part in any of the games because we not really keen in the games and it did cost too high.


  Although this Doraemon World 2012 was not as perfect as I thought, like not everything was arranged according to the popular Japanese anime series, not even the iconic room of Nobita. Besides that, it was indeed a little waste of money but that TnG card is so cute it made it all worthy! I also get a gift from my friend, a Doraemon name card holder band other than the TnG. Maybe I was too stingy to buy any of the Doraemon merchandisers, this is why she bought me one…ha-ha..Thank you my dear friend who has made my Doraemon trip better!


There were bunch of Doraemon inside the glass!
A perfect gift from my friend to end my Doraemon trip ~~ I like it very much  =)



       
                                                                           

 



   
 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

12 comments:

AmirahAsraf said...

OMGGGGG so adorableeee! I was (and still isss!!) a bigggg fan of Doraemon! Love it! :DDDDDD

AmirahAsraf said...

http://www.bloggerthemes.net/2009/11/welcomeland.html ok checkkk thisss outtttttt!

Unknown said...

Love the photos!

Pik Ling said...

I'm so sad that I missed this! I went on Monday but exhibition was ended just the day before. :(
Love your pose in the photo you took with Suneo's mom. It's cute, haha!

Unknown said...

glad u like it~~ ^_^ I am also a fan of it

Unknown said...

thanks~~ =)

Unknown said...

Never mind,you can view my photos to replace your disappointment..=P
I like that photo too,one of my favorite photo too

I.Na.Ni said...

Doraemon is alive!

Salehuddin said...

Doraemonnnn!!! nice picture and cute :)

Unknown said...

ying, nice photo and Doeremon is my favorite cartoon..I hope this kind of exhibition can be held again....Expectance!!!!

Afiqah Mohd Noor -157058- said...

lol..seriously that's really interesting! i didn't know there was doraemon gallery held over there! of course all of us know you adore it so much since you mentioned it in our speech communication class while talking about your uniqueness... it was you, wasn't it?

Bavani Rajendran said...

HI....nice trip.....

Post a Comment